Monday, March 15, 2010

*sigh*

Listen -
MY BAD.
I have a tendency to start a blog, write a couple of entries (if I'm feeling particularly peckish,) and then forget about it completely. About a year later, the urge to write again returns, and i start ANOTHER blog, in which my first post usually explains how I have a tendency to start a blog AND SO ON. (I'm going to go ahead and also apologize for the excessive use of typing in all caps that I have already done and will continue to do.)
So.
This particular blog started as an attempt to make my way through my unnecessarily large movie collection. By blog's end, I had reviewed two movies, neither of which I actually owned.
I then moved on to I Finished the Internets because, well, i had.
I started a Tumblr blog for a while, also called I Finished the Internets.
And now I'm back here. I've taken the moniker of T-Shirt Rebellion for a long time now as a sort of all-encompassing title (hip-hop star, Twitter, AIM) and it seems appropriate for me to use it in my blog web address and name. And I've just always liked I Finished the Internets! They are now together as one.
So what's my mission statement for this blog? Every time I've named one, I get bored with the idea quickly and then give up on the blog. So the mission statement for this blog is that there is no mission statement, and the only rule is that there are no rules, and this party is going to go from 10 o'clock 'til question mark. It will be about all things, but mostly will allow me to speak more verbosely than twitter or facebook.
Ok, never mind. This is my mission statement:
Recently, I've been pretty sick and most of my days and nights are spent at home. This has essentially killed my social life and I rarely see or speak to anyone. This blog is for me to keep in contact with people. Have you been missing my caustic wit? Come get your fill! And leave comments!
If we aren't friends on twitter, I'm there as tshirtrebellion. On facebook, I'm Shawn Dugas.
And I promise I'll actually write in this one.
Probably.



No comments: